laday2727

Romance Novel Giveaways

♥ Freebies and Giveaways of all things romance ♥
Beyond the Call of Duty: Military Romantic Suspense (Wings of Gold Book 2) - Tracy Tappan

An exceptional story full of scorching hot romance and pulse-pounding action!

I have never read a hotter, more intense, almost-love scene EVER. As alluded to in the synopsis, Nicole and Eric have to play out an intimate scene as the cover for their real mission. Let me just say that the tension leading up to and the emotions surrounding that scene were just...so...WOW!!!

Tracy DEFINITELY knows how to write a sexy hero! Eric was absolutely perfect, with his good-looks, bravery and vulnerability.

Nicole was very realistic in every way; an independent career-woman who was forced to hide her softer side in order to survive in a male-dominated industry.

The imagery during the action scenes was absolutely phenomenal! I could clearly hear the helicopter blades rotating and feel the wind whipping.

The amount of research Tracy put into this book is absolutely remarkable. While I am no expert, the acronyms and lingo she inserted into the story added a realistic element to it. The unfamiliar words and phrases were accompanied by a convenient hyperlink that takes the reader to a glossary. I loved this, because the definitions weren't awkwardly inserted into the story.

(This book has a "prequel" titled Eightball Two-Three. While I feel this book can be read without reading Eightball, I do recommend reading it before this book!)

All in all, this is one of those books that I stayed up waaaaay too late reading and could not put down because it's THAT good. I couldn't get enough of this book, and I can't wait to read more in this series!!!!!!!

***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***