laday2727

Romance Novel Giveaways

♥ Freebies and Giveaways of all things romance ♥

Bound by Love

Bound by Love - Stephie Walls This is a romance novel that is unlike anything I have ever read before.

First of all, let me say that Stephie is clearly a VERY talented writer. She conveys thoughts, feelings and emotions very well with the written word. I would be interested to read her books outside of this series.

The love scenes were SMOKING HOT, and I found myself experiencing a wide range of emotions while reading the story as a whole.

That being said:

Annie is a girl with lots of qualities; driven, confident, physically attractive. And a drug addict.

Gray, similarly, has lots of qualities; a user, liar, cheater, manipulator. And a physically attractive alpha.

Next, let me say that is is a cliffhanger.

Reaching the end and finding it to be said cliffhanger, I understand more why the author drew out certain parts of the story as she did, seeing now that they didn't need to be wrapped up before the end of the book.

I have to admit that, while the book is well-written for the most part, it was not my cup of tea. I found myself getting angry at the characters and the story line, and thinking (out loud, at times), "This is not a romance novel. Where is the happiness in this story?!"

While I am curious to learn what happens with Annie and Gray, I don't think I would read the next book. Personally, I read romance novels to escape. If I wanted to spend my free time drowning in harsh realities such as those depicted in Bound by Love, I would shut off my Kindle and watch the news.

Hopefully the story will continue on an upswing in the next book, Freed, and Annie and Gray can get their "happily ever after."

Again, Stephie is clearly very talented, but this just wasn't my kind of book!

***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***