laday2727

Romance Novel Giveaways

♥ Freebies and Giveaways of all things romance ♥

The Purest of the Breed

The Purest of the Breed - Tracy Tappan I can't wait for the next book!!!

This is the second book in the series, and the way this one ended, there will definitely be a third (HOORAY!!!)

Tracy's books are kind of like a 2-for-1 deal: she doesn't just introduce a supporting character and then never
mention it again. She gives the reader an in-depth look at the supporting character(s), almost like a novella inside of the novel. This really had me invested in the collective characters and eager to read more about them, hopefully in subsequent books. She also involved the main characters from book 1 in book 2 and even continued their story. It was like catching up with old friends, and I was SO happy!

I absolutely LOVED everything that transpired between Marissa and Dev, especially their first meeting (it was pretty funny. I think you'll laugh when you read it!). His unwavering devotion to her is so endearing, and the dialogue between them truly made me FEEL.

Even though Dev is a big, tough warrior, life seems to throw him a few unexpected curve balls that shatters his world around him. I really felt for him, and if Marissa didn't comfort him, I would have jumped into that book and done it myself!

Similarly, Marissa is forced to deal with some unfortunate issues, which makes them a perfect couple.

Not many love scenes in the book, but it really didn't need them. The actual LOVE between the characters was engaging enough to read.

The story kept developing twists that kept me guessing until the end. Heck, even the last sentence of the book has me guessing about the NEXT book!

I love this series because all of the males are to-the-death devoted to their mates. Once he know who she is, he never wavers in his commitment: he doesn't ever WANT to. I love reading stories like that; where he finds his "one and only" and never lets anything come between them.

This series definitely keeps getting better. I am looking forward to at least one more in the series, but I'm also very interested in reading Tracy's other upcoming books in other romance-genres, not just paranormal!

***A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review***